Monday, August 18, 2008

My Shit Of The Week: Gym Class Heroes: Cookie Jar.....


The new Gym Class Heroes song "Cookie Jar" is a flash back kinda track. It takes me back to The Purple Tape..... For those who weren't into rap back in the day The Purple Tape was the nick name for Raekwon's first studio album, dubbed the Purple Tape cuz the tape was completely purple.... Only Built 4 Cuban Linx was a classic album released in the summer of '95.... There's a song on the album called "Ice Cream" featuring Raekwon, Goastface Killah, Cappadonna and Method Man. Now the beat isn't the same, the rappers aren't the same (even though Travie is good on the mic) but it's they're reference to naming different cookies and relating them to different ethnicity's of woman, such as Raekwon did with "Ice cream" .








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of Gym Class but I can certainly dig this record. I'm kind of a sucker for anything with The Dream on it.

"Viva La White Girl" was tough too.

sPiT BaLLiN' RaDiO said...

The dream is hot but gym class is tough lol

Anonymous said...

oh yes...this is the shit...this site rocks...im guessing a boy made this blog. ps im a girl! : )

sPiT BaLLiN' RaDiO said...

Christina: I'm glad u like the site, and with a name like christina I would hope that ur a girl lol and yes the main writer is a dude me sWaZ lol